Kurt Gödel Colloquium
Sunday, April 27, 2008Colloquium honoring the winners of the Kurt Gödel Centenary Research Fellowships.
Location: Large Hall of Material Physics of the University of Vienna, Boltzmanngasse 5, 1090 Vienna.
Participation: By invitation only!
- 9:00 am: Opening address and lecture by John Templeton Jr.
- 9:30 am: Lecture by Prof. Harvey Friedman, Chairman of the Jury
- 10:00 am: Coffee break
- 10:25 am: Laudation; Lecture by Pavel Hrubes, the first winner in category PreDoc
- 11:05 am: Laudation; Lecture by David Fernandez, the second winner in category PreDoc
- 11:45 am: Lunch break (lunch will be served)
- 1:00 pm: Laudation; Lecture by Andrey Bovykin, the first winner in category PostDoc
- 1:40 pm: Laudation; Lecture by Peter Koellner, the second winner in category PostDoc
- 2:20 pm: Short break
- 2:35 pm: Laudation; Lecture by Thierry Coquand, the winner of senior category
- 3:15 pm: Coffee break
- 4:00 pm: Award ceremony: Austrian Federal Minister of Science and Research Johannes Hahn awards the prizes
- 5:00 pm: Minister Hahn unveils one plaque commemorating Kurt Gödel at Florianigasse 42, 1080 Vienna. The Colloquium participants will be transferred to this location with buses.
Monday, April 28, 2008On April 28, 2008, Kurt Gödel's Birthday, four commemorative plaques honoring his achievements and legacy will be uncovered on various locations in Vienna.
- 12 pm: 9., Frankgasse 10 will be uncovered by Dr. John Templeton, Jr. Chairman and President of the John Templeton Foundation.
- 2 pm: 9., Währingerstraße 33 will be uncovered by Dr. Harvey Friedman, Professor at the Ohio State University.
- 3 pm: 8., Lange Gasse 72 will be uncovered by Dr. Charles Harper, Senior Vice President of the John Templeton Foundation.
- 4 pm: 1., Hegelgasse 5 will be uncovered by Dr.Peter Weibel, Director of the Center for Art and Media in Karlsruhe.
- 7 pm: 7., MuseumsQuartier: Museum Moderner Kunst Stiftung Ludwig Wien, Museumsplatz 1, Auditorium: Movie screening of "Kurt Gödel: A Mathematical Myth" in presence of the authors Dr. Peter Weibel und Dr. Werner DePauli Schimanovich.